UGL® 50-Year Lasticaulk® bonds perfectly to wood, masonry, metal, tile, and glass.
- Use around windows, doors, siding, sills, thresholds, eaves, soffits, gutters, downspouts, flashing, air conditioners, vents, porches, decks and countertops, as well as gas pipes and plumbing entrances/exits.
- Paintable immediately after application
- Features a 50-Year Warranty
- Ready to use caulk
- Size: 10.5 ounce cartridge
- Coverage: 36 linear feet with a .25 inch bead
- Cure time: 12 hours
Please note, colors are RGB web approximations of the actual shades.
The opening to be sealed (up to .5” by .25” wide) must be free of moisture, mildew, frost, dirt, rust, loose caulk, putty, and mortar*. Deep cracks (larger than .25” wide) should be filled to within .25” of the surface with a backing material like oakum prior to caulking. Insert cartridge into any standard caulk gun.
Select the size of bead by cutting the plastic spout at your preferred measurement (five-sixteenths-inch, one-quarter-inch or one-eighth-inch) on the cartridge tip. Cut the spout at a 45-degree angle.
Angle the spout tip over the space to be filled. Start at the bottom of the crack and work up as the void is filled. The caulk bead may be easily smoothed with a wet finger or cloth. Before curing, remove the excess caulk with a damp cloth.
UGL® 50-Year Lasticaulk® can be painted over immediately with latex paint. Allow the compound to dry overnight before applying an oil-based paint. Drying and curing of all latex caulks (normally cured in 12 hours) is affected by temperatures and humidity. Apply only when air and surface temperatures are above 50°F. Application under conditions of extreme dampness or high humidity prolongs drying and curing time by as much as 36 hours, making the caulk vulnerable to driving rain.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
United Gilsonite Laboratories (“UGL”) warrants, subject to the limitations set forth herein, that this product, under normal use and proper storage, will be free from defects in material or workmanship and merchantable for a period of fifty (50) years from the original date of purchase. This limited warranty extends to the original consumer purchaser of the product only and is non-transferable. If this product is found to be defective by UGL within the warranty period, you will receive a replacement of the product or, at UGL’s option, a full refund of the purchase price upon presentation of proof of purchase (original sales receipt). This limited warranty excludes failure to apply the product to a properly prepared bare surface in accordance with UGL’s instructions provided with this product. UGL MAKES NO FURTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUDES (1) LABOR AND ALL OTHER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE APPLICATION OR REMOVAL OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY REPLACEMENT PRODUCT, AND (2) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state. To make a warranty claim please contact (with proof of purchase) the store where you purchased the product or contact UGL directly at 1-800-848-7253 (Consumer Hotline) or by mail at UGL Consumer Inquiry Department, P.O. Box 70, Scranton PA 18501-0070.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.